Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Travelling again...

When I first got up for work yesterday, I was disgusted to discover that I had to scrape ice off my windshield. My new Saturn doesn't have an automatic starter, and I don't have a garage, so I think I'll have one installed when I return from vacation.

When I got to work, I decided to head down to Lethbridge for a meeting which was really a last minute thing. It's such a pretty ride that I don't mind. Calgary is over an hour from the mountains although you can see them quite well from here. But as you drive south, you get closer and closer to the foothills and the Crowsnest Pass.

Besides Lethbridge, my job takes me to Edmonton and occasionally to Medicine Hat. I may have to go to Edmonton once more before I leave on vacation, hope not. It usually means an overnight because the drive takes over 3 hours, and it's too much to drive back after a day of meetings and such.

Here is the link for the National Convention I'll be attending in a few weeks.
http://www.monctonprogressclub.org/2008_national_convention.htm
I'll need the week after to recuperate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many meetings are you obliged to attend? Any chances of sneaking out after role call???

Lucie said...

If you're talking about the convention meetings, I am the only one from our club attending except for the Zone Governor who is one of ours. Consequently, I am representing the Calgary Eves, and they are subsidizing some of my expenses. So yeah, I'd better attend all the meetings. The seminars run concurrently and I get to choose.

Lesley said...

I gave up my parking spot in the garage for Aaron's new truck and had to scrape windows on the van Joey's first day of school.I was NOT prepared and had to track down my snowbrush.

Alberta said...

Lucie...hope you can work out the bugs on the blog so we can get more updates on your adventures!