Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve and my debit card is still smoking! I didn't even use my credit card once!!!
The trip to Toronto was Oh yeah.....:0 right there...aaahhhhh ;-) (sorry, getting a back rub) anyway, waited 4 hours in the airport, arrived Toronto some time after 3:00 AM. Luckily, I thought to call Nick to let him know I'd be taking a taxi home, so don't even try to get to the airport. The roads weren't bad once I got here, but the taxi ride cost $78 plus tip. Aline is still beautifully slim (damn her) and Nick hasn't changed a bit. The kids are both beautiful, of course.

One of the jewellery stores here is going out of business (everything 70% off) and knowing this ahead of time, I had set aside one expense cheque. I finally got my birthstone (emerald) in a yellow gold pinky ring. I saw this white gold/black diamond chip ring in the window with kind of an "eternity symbol" design, and immediately fell in love with it. I spent about a half-hour in the store looking at all the bargains, and bought LeeAnne's birthday gift as well. But, of course, I had to have them take the ring from the window display, and it was the perfect size. So I bargained them down and am wearing it with pride.
Adrienne surprised me with a cordless "Blue Tooth" device for my cell phone - I'll now be able to talk on the road "hands free" when I need to.
I talked to LeeAnne last night, and the kids arrived late, tired, but safe and sound. I'm looking forward to seeing them upon my return. I'm sure they'll both love Calgary if they can get past the cold.
So, Merry Christmas everyone, and I hope Santa finds you warm and well.

1 comment:

Alberta said...

Lucie, your taled sre good for the soul. Thanks for those kind words.