Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Started the eve of the New Year by meeting Aline's in-laws for breakfast this morning. Now, I need a nap. Nick's sister and brother-in-law are a lot of fun.
We went out for a family dinner last night at East Side Mario's and to the movie "Marlie & Me" afterward. What a tear-jerker, we were all sniffling. It's a good movie if you're sentimental. Adrienne and Steven both have jobs, but have been off enough to spend quality time with them.
On the 19th, Adrienne and a friend of hers took me to the Royal Ontario Museum where we spent about 4 hours, I really enjoyed it. They had a special diamond exhibit hosted by the DeBeers family, with one especially rare yellow that was the third largest cut diamond in the world. There was many millions of dollars worth of jewels with diamonds of every colour. I bought a really unique Christmas ornament at their gift shop.
After the ROM, we spent about 5 hours at the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto. I took Adrienne and Robbie out to lunch, and we shopped until I was ready to drop. I did get my favorite perfume at Abercrombie & Fitch. People were actually lining up to get into the higher-end stores like Arizia and Hollister.
On the 20th we went to the local market which was a lot of fun. I couldn't believe the great deals, but I brought only so much cash, and when it was gone, I was done. I found the "perfect" wrap around scarf, a purple watch to add to my collection, and a pretty gray t-shirt.
Speaking of diamonds, Aline, Nick and Adrienne surprised me on Christmas morning with a beautiful gold/diamond ring. I guess they figured I'd probably never get one in the traditional manner. Stephen bought me a stunning silver necklace with Swarovsky crystal. I think I'm going to have to get rid of some of the costume jewellery, and start wearing more of the genuine articles. I believe I mentioned in my previous blog what I bought at the "going-out-of-business" jewellery store. It's a good thing I go back home day after tomorrow, or I'd go back there for one last look. A white gold bracelet would be nice...
Tonight, we'll toast in the new year with a "wine & Cheese" at home.
I'll take this opportunity to wish everybody a happy and safe new year with friends and loved ones. My resolution: Balance in 2009.

1 comment:

Alberta said...

Thanks for the shopping update...I was worried about the TO economy for a while!lol

Great resolution! Wishing you a very Happy New Year.