Friday, December 5, 2008

Well, the good news is, I don't need hearing aids yet. The bad news - the X-rays came back, and the lower back pains are caused by sciatica (check spelling?).

I have my first Christmas party this weekend, it's a pot-luck and I'm bringing vegetables. The Progress Club gathering is on the 17th, the Drop-In Centre invited me to their party which they are having at Canada Olympic Park Friday night. Then Sunday is our office party at a restaurant downtown. It's all creeping up very fast, I haven't even mailed my parcel to New Brunswick yet. We'll probably do some Christmas decorating at home this weekend, including putting up the tree. All my gifts are bought, but I still can't seem to get in the spirit of things. Maybe I'll ask Santa to find me a less stressful job. I am looking forward to my trip to Toronto - I can't wait to see the kids again.

Today I was "invited" to join a new government committee that has to come up with something to replace an outdated piece of legislation. It's going to be a lot of work, and I'm the only member from Calgary so I'll be travelling to Edmonton a lot more often.

And on that note, I promise to make my next posting a little more upbeat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sciatica is not fun! Stay positive and you will get through the bad days. I've been switching between those day and...gulp...the return of gout! Another not so fun thing to have! Stay healthy everyone!