Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's a Beautiful Sunday

It's a beautiful Sunday, and I'm feeling fine. I made myself pancakes this morning, and I'm on my third cup of coffee. I finished another Nora Roberts book last night, pure escapism.

The play at Vertigo was very good "An Inspector Calls", which I hadn't seen before. It's nice to see Vertigo getting back to its roots. I had to bow out of dinner afterward with the girls because I was still suffering the effects of the double cheeseburger from Wendy's Friday afternoon I had skipped lunch at work again because of a particularly complicated (for me) spreadsheet that I was designing. I was starving by 3:00 PM. My digestive system was already upset from the hit-and-miss of meals on the road during the past week. Joe, how did you manage it?

I've decided to set small, attainable goals for myself. No red meat or dairy products (except for my Lactaid milk) for the month of February. Lot's of vegetables, with no added salt. Al's doing a BBQ of pork chops with potato wedges for dinner. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with food. I certainly have enough going on in my life to keep me occupied.

I thought I'd have fun trying to thin out my wardrobe today. I'll take everything out of the closets, dressers, shelves, and pile it on the bed. I'll prepare about a half-dozen boxes (Women's Shelter, Consignment, read-to-wear after weight loss, needs alterations, give to friends). I'll take Before & After pictures to post. I want to start arranging my work outfits into combos (pants, blouse/sweater, jacket) to save time in the mornings.I also have to get rid of at least half of my footwear, jewellery and accessories. You have no idea how much I've accumulated, I don't even think I do for sure.

And on that note, I'd better get started.

2 comments:

Alberta said...

Lucie, we always talk food while we are eating! We come up with our best ideas then!

New MrsIngram said...

Are you trying to go veg? Or just trying to drop a few pounds?

We are preparing for a trip back to Jamaica so I've been Turbo-jamming .. I tell you it really works, of course if you put the work into it! Also it's fun so much easier to stick to I found!