Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wednesday, Thursday

Some changes in scheduling made it unnecessary to do the 2-day trip to Lethbridge, so I was able to attend our inter-club social with the Stampede City Men's Progress Club last night. The guys were very supportive of our first big charity golf tournament this past summer, sponsoring the event to the tune of $10,000. They are a very solid club with well established regular fundraising events. To thank them, my club Calgary Eves hosted them at a nice upscale restaurant called La Vita Bella. It's in a historic property, sort of like a huge old house, and their food is very good. However, I think the decaf they served me = wasn't and I was awake most of the night.

I came home to find Al's Harley prominently displayed on my new deck. He says he actually built the deck as a platform to showcase his "baby". It does look pretty good there. I'll try to remember to get a picture on the weekend.

Today, an old friend from my AMHC days took me out to lunch, across the street for Leo Fu's Chinese buffet. Try staying alert after after a lunch like that when you've had only 4 hours sleep the night before. I kept in touch with Walter because he does a lot of consultingcontracting work with the Special Purpose Housing groups in my portfolio. Since our latest re-organization, I had to let those projects go to someone else - I just had to cut down on my workload with the new projects I am now working on. Walter and the groups are not too happy about this, but I hope whoever inherits them will give them the attention and support they need. Because they are very small projects (group homes mostly) with small budgets, they had been somewhat neglected before I took them on. Anyway, Walter and I will continue to have lunch and he'll keep me updated on what's happening.

Tomorrow I'm off to attend a course called "Wills and Estates". I'm overdue for an update so I registered when I saw it on the list of courses offered through our office.

And that's my week so far.

1 comment:

Alberta said...

"Wills & Estates" how appropriate for our week!

Can't wait to see pics of the new deck.