Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back to work

The week at work has been pretty hectic, as expected. Drove down to Lethbridge today in ice-fog so thick, the visibility was reduced to about 3 car-lengths. You know, I've always thought driving for hours and hours is so boring, and sometimes I get sleepy. Having said that, I'm thinking maybe today was not a good time for me to test out my new hobby - learning Spanish while driving. Trying to concentrate on the road, and interacting with the CD (which by the way is supposed to be used in conjunction with a workbook which obviously is not an option while driving) gave me a headache. Anyway, I think I learned a bit.
I don't know why I find it so hard to concentrate on just one thing at a time, I even read 3 books at once. I have to have the radio on in my office, and I'm usually munching on something while working on the computer. It's like I have to use all 5 senses at once. Now it seems I never watch TV without working on my laptop. Then again, is there anything left on TV that requires anyone's full attention? I know, I'm rambling - too much coffee today.
I'm trying to curve the impulse to check on my office e-mail tonight because that would be counter to my resolution "Balance 2009".
I went back to Spa Lady yesterday. God, I'm so out of shape. I have to start all over again with the lowest weights and resistance levels. Oh well, it's a start.
And that's all for tonight.

p.s. I bought gas for 68.9 cents/litre in Claresholm, and it is now at 77.9 in Calgary.

2 comments:

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

i can get gas for 67.9 cents a litre...and its FULL SERVICE!! love small towns...

Alberta said...

I also find my mind racing along in all directions, especially when I want to sleep. It seems to go in cycles, but right now I do know why I'm distracted and things will settle down with time.

As to your workouts, better to start from the beginning than to risk aggravating your sciatica.

As to TV...I've had to remind myself there is so much wonderful music I can listen to and be happy than to sit with a numb brain watching TV drool.