Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hallelujah

One of my all-time favorite songs is Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. I don't profess to fully understand the lyrics (what's your take on it?) I knew it was popular, but I had no idea how many artists had recorded it. I wanted to post my favorite versions, but "it" won't let me. Check out YouTube. The best music video, of course, is by Cohen himself, See if you can find it: Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah. Next best: K.D. Lang version. I also like the Bon Jovi version and the HALLELUJAH, (Shrek Song) which features the World Idol - Kurt Nilsen. Funny-looking guy, but boy, can he sing!

"After you've listened to Kurt Nilsen, click on "Lost Highway" which he does with Willie Nelson. Great video showing the ravages of addictions. I wonder why they featured Willie in this one?

Maybe some day I'll learn how to post the link directly onto my blog.

Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

" Hallelujah" is the story of Bathseba from the Bible.
Cathy