Friday, January 23, 2009

I survived my first week as "Acting Director" without any blood-letting, barely. Needless to say, I didn't get any of my own work done. When I got home today, I was so tired that I fell into bed and slept soundly for 2 hours. Then I got up and fixed myself a big plate of fish & chips (what diet?) and am watching a Hillary Swank movie on TV (Raise Your Voice) which is pretty good.
Today was interesting. Our illustrious Premier was present at the Drop-in Centre for the announcement of a $7 Million affordable housing project. I've never been in a room with that many polititians before. I was glad we didn't have to do it outside. A few days ago I was driving downtown with the sunroof open, and today was about -30 degrees with the wind chill.
Next week I'll be in Lethbridge for 3 days, and although it will be crammed with meetings, I'm going to try to enjoy some time away from the office. Hopefully I won't have to spend more than a few hours in the eveninbg organizing and recording my notes on the lap-top. I got upgraded to an executive room at the Lethbridge Lodge with high-speed internet and work area. I'm thinking a "new release" movie in my room after a lavender-scented bubble bath, and room service. All that travelling has to come with some perks.

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very good......