Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Lucie-ism @ Lethbridge Lodge

You always forget something, right?
Well I remembered to wear a right and a left boot, but one is black, and one is brown!
I've had the black ones forever, and liked them so much, I bought the identical pair in brown last year. It's kind of hard to tell in the shadows of the coat closet. I didn't notice until I took them off in the hotel room, even though I was in the office this morning and replaced them with shoes. I figure if it took that long for me to notice, nobody else will clue in, even though I'm here for 3 days. I really don't need another pair of shoes, and don't want to sneak off to the nearest mall to get matching footwear.
They announced 100 KmH winds in Southern Alberta, and they were not kidding. The waves of drifting snow across the highway was almost surreal, like being in another world. I had to slow down, but other than that, didn't really have any problems. My car is very aerodynamic, not like some of those SUV's I passed on the way down.
The wind is so loud here in Lethbridge, and I'm on the 4th floor. Appears this hotel doesn't have room service, but it does have a nice restaurant and the lounge is in a park-like setting with trees, little foot bridges, pool & jacuzzi, etc.
My first meeting isn't until 9:00 AM tomorrow, so I get to sleep in.
Good night, all.

No comments: