Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It seems I'm spending more and more time on business trips, and with all the changes in the new provincial budget, there will be a lot more meetings in Edmonton. I didn't leave Calgary until 11:50 on Tuesday, and my meeting in Edmonton was at 3:00. The accident on Deerfoot cost me about 15 minutes, but I made it to the hotel, parked the car, walked the 4 blocks to Commerce Place, and was only 5 minutes late. You do the math... We had a follow-up discussions at Rick's Grill - a really nice upscale restaurant. Great food, nice atmosphere, but expensive.

I decided to sleep in this morning, had a nice buffet breakfast, and headed back for a meeting back in Calgary at 2:30. Meeting was cancelled, so went shopping instead. I'll be working this weekend to finish some projects without interruption, so I felt entitled.

Weather finally Spring-like, Al even rode his Harley to work in Okotoks. There's still a bit of snow and ice in shaded areas, but I think it might be safe to switch to my summer tires. The main roadways have been clear for awhile. Called Mom tonight, she said still lots of snow in Miramichi. She's looking forward to her trip out here in June, and we're excited to have her for the summer.

And that's all for now folks.

1 comment:

Alberta said...

Joe is drooling! He so wants to get his out but we have lots of the white stuff.